question

Elizabeth@Amazon avatar image
Elizabeth@Amazon asked

1/2/17: Announcement: New Products! Hoodies and Sweatshirts

Hi everyone and Happy New Year! We are very excited to announce the launch of hoodies and sweatshirts! To be eligible for these products, your account tier must be 100 or higher. We will enable hoodies and sweatshirts for publishing on a rolling basis starting today. When an account is enabled, options to select the new products will become available in the product creation process. Hoodies and sweatshirts are offered in a single unisex fit in sizes small to 2XL with five color options: Black, Navy, Royal Blue, Dark Heather, and Heather Grey. Please note that we will not be able to provide updates on approvals for individual accounts. We look forward to seeing your designs on our new hoodies and sweatshirts!

merch by amazonannouncement
2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joannejgg avatar image joannejgg commented ·

Are the file specifications the same? Getting Errors for uploading designs. Using 15x18 300dpi png format currently.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris avatar image Chris joannejgg commented ·

Hi Joanne, For front print on hoodies... take t-shirt image and trim 4.5 inches off height. The new file size requirements are here: https://merch.amazon.com/resource/Y28FFE5NLRYJG4V

0 Likes 0 ·
xfngrz1mrx avatar image
xfngrz1mrx answered

This is wonderful news! Thank you all for your hard work to bring this option to us!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nadil avatar image
nadil answered

Great start to the new year . Thank You

10 |5000

Ellyn Johnson avatar image
Ellyn Johnson answered

This is really great, although I still have a problem with all the add on products! I would like to offer my customer all shirt styles on the order page. The designers can pick their royalty for each shirt style as well as the colors in their admin. Right now that means for each design I have to do a separate shirt style, right? Is there a way Amazon can develop this for us? I believe it would bring in more sales for everyone!

10 |5000

TBA Design avatar image
TBA Design answered

joannejgg the back specs are the same but the front has to be 4500x4050 PX or 15x13.5" @ 300 DPIElizabeth@Amazon while I am glad to have the hoodie option I'm really disappointed in the profit margin, $5.00 on a $39.99 hoodie seems really low. Hoodies cost about $8 more than tees at wholesale yet sell for $20 more at retail, how about we split that $12 in addition profit and you make the sellers profit $11 on a sale of a $39.99 hoodie? That would encourage us to create more hoodie designs, Merch would sell more hoodies and we'd all make more $$$

10 |5000

Kimberly Unger avatar image
Kimberly Unger answered

Is the rollout for sweatshirts and hoodies finished yet? We're Tier 500 so we should be eligible, but they're not showing up as options for us when we try to list a new item.

10 |5000

Saurabh@DelhiTechnologyClub avatar image
Saurabh@DelhiTechnologyClub answered

Happy New Year :

untitled.png (23.8 KiB)
10 |5000

regina stenger avatar image
regina stenger answered

Thank you Merch! Looking forward to a great 2018.

10 |5000

Pratik avatar image
Pratik answered

Now just give us discounted tanks and we will be all JOLLY! :)

10 |5000

lawrence westfall avatar image
lawrence westfall answered

Got approved today for hoodies and sweatshirts. Thanks

10 |5000

Ricardo Almeida avatar image
Ricardo Almeida answered

Error message when trying to upload images to the hoodies. Works for sweatshirts.

1 comment
10 |5000

Remember to change design specs for the hoodie front to 4500 x 4050 pix. @300 DPI. Hoodie back is 4500 x 5400 pix. I've had no problem uploading images to hoodies. Sweatshirt specs are same as for tshirts, 4500 x 5400 pix.

0 Likes 0 ·