question

vishal avatar image
vishal asked

The language you selected does not match your Amazon account settings

I have created Alexa smart home skill using tutorial https://github.com/alexa/alexa-smarthome/wiki/Build-a-Working-Smart-Home-Skill-in-15-Minutes.

Language of the skill: English (India) Lambda function location: EU Ireland region. Language of lambda function: Python 3.6

Lambda functions executes properly for below test case.

<code>{
  "directive": {
    "header": {
      "namespace": "Alexa.Discovery",
      "name": "Discover",
      "payloadVersion": "3",
      "messageId": "1bd5d003-31b9-476f-ad03-71d471922820"
    },
    "payload": {
      "scope": {
        "type": "BearerToken",
        "token": "access-token-from-skill"
      }
    }
  }
}

When I login to Alexa at (alexa.amazon.in) and navigate to "Skills", I get error "The language you selected does not match your Amazon account settings. As a result, Alexa skills are not available. To get the best Alexa experience, please choose English (India) by selecting continue".

But, there is not option on settings page to select the language.

I did see my skill once on first time login but it resulted in an error "An error occurred while attempting to link Alexa". After this, I constantly get error "The language you selected does not match your account settings".

I tried to contact Amazon.in customer support for this, but they instead redirected me to post in developer forums.

Also, in both cases, there are no logs on CloudWatch.

I am stuck with this one. Any clues?

Regards, Vishal Kothari

alexa smart homelambdalogin with amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NeilHillman avatar image
NeilHillman answered

I am having the same issue, my Alexa is convinced I'm German because I used to live in Switzerland when I opened my first Amazon account. Now even though my language is English, all my news and services are in German!

I also get error message "The language you selected does not match your account settings".

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tsuneki@Amazon avatar image
Tsuneki@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Thanks for posting.

To use skills with English(India), you need to set your device up to use English(India).

There is a language setting on your alexa app.

Please refer to here for the detail.

10 |5000