question

Devvers avatar image
Devvers asked ·

How to make Alexa continue to speak without intent.

Hi guys! Im quite new to Alexa programming, and was just curious if I could build multiple responses in python with lambda. I've noticed that the build response functions in the "Color Picker" sample seem to only run in Return statements. I was just curious if there is a way to have alexa say something after X amount of time has passed since she had previously spoken (with just one intent)? Please let me know if this is a possibility!!!

alexa skills kithelpintentsresponsepython
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-d061d333-9f2e-4c45-a6a6-e7240b055d5b avatar image
newuser-d061d333-9f2e-4c45-a6a6-e7240b055d5b answered ·

You could do a re prompt message, so if a user does not respond fast enough Alexa will say something reminding them of what to say. In the Color Picker Example, it looks like they have not included a re prompt text, and set it as null, at least in the JavaScript one.

Also shouldendsession is flagged as true, so if you wanted a re prompt set that as false.

I hope this helps!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered ·

Hi Devvers,

You can try multi turn conversational dialog to enter more input.

You can create a re-prompt as well whether the entered data is correct or not.

check here for more details.

Justin avatar image
Justin answered ·

Do you think there will be a way to make alexa talk by herself (without having the user to act first) while the skill is opened? becuase the current way makes game development really hard and i'm rly not sure which games peaople should publish when the echo buttons come out, or even games without those buttons you cant even say when someone joins a lobby without having a conversation running @Anand@Amazon