question

newuser-0dca6387-53f3-4959-9591-b8b38f0c2885 avatar image

said "stop" to Alexa but got "pause" request in my video skill lambda function

User said "stop" to Alexa (and history shows "stop" literally) but my video skill lambda function receives "pause" request. I did enable "stop" operation in device discovery. Please check your side if anything goes wrong.

{
    "type": "AlexaInterface",
    "interface": "Alexa.PlaybackController",
    "version": "3",
    "supportedOperations": [
        "Play", "Pause", "Stop", "FastForward",
        "Rewind", "StartOver",
    ]
},
alexa skills kitlambdavideo skill api
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am trying to create video skill for past 1 month but my lambda is not getting triggered for command Alexa Play "video-name". When I say discovery command lambda gets triggered. How to play videos on Firetv using Alexa and make my lambda work for Play command. Is content catalog ingestion a necessary step. If yes than how to do it. Please help me. If you can help me it would be a great help .

0 Likes 0 ·
Tsuneki@Amazon avatar image
Tsuneki@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Thanks for posting.

Could you please provide your skill ID for further investigation?

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tomas KIslan avatar image
Tomas KIslan answered

@Tsuneki@Amazon I have exactly the same problem. Multiple beta users of my skill are reporting this, on different devices and Echo devices.

My skill id: amzn1.ask.skill.b7b095a3-361a-4d1d-a0b5-06e3d1d7598e

1 comment
10 |5000

Hi Tomas,

Apologies for delayed response.

Could you file a contact us here with account linking credentials, such as ID and password for further investigation?

0 Likes 0 ·