question

bloy-d avatar image
bloy-d asked ·

Use AVS within Contact Centre as IVR?

Hi All,

Would the TsCs of the AVS allow me to use Alexa as part of my IVR journey? Aside from the PCI-DSS angle and internal security considerations, is this something that the Alexa team envisage, and can point me in the right direction on?

Many Thanks Dan

alexa voice service
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bloy-d avatar image
bloy-d answered ·
Some items of conversation from the TsCs. The obvious one being (n), hence this request. ------------------ (i) you must include all the features and domains we make available through the Alexa Service for Your Product and you will not remove, disable or interfere with any of the features or domains; (m) you will not implement far-field voice recognition or use of a spoken word to trigger the activation of the Alexa Service in Your Products without Amazon's prior written approval and any such implementation may be subject to additional t (n) you will not allow an end user of Your Product to access the Alexa Service through Your Product during a voice communication occurring on or through Your Product (such as a phone call) without Amazon's prior written approval, and any such implementation may be subject to additional terms and conditions; (q) you will not (1) misrepresent your identity or the origin of Your Product, (2) mask your usage in connection with your use of the Alexa Service, or (3) provide your developer credentials to any third party; (u) you must implement all reasonable security measures to ensure that no third party may gain unauthorized access to the Alexa Service or Alexa Materials; and

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered ·
Can you clarify what you mean by "as part of my IVR journey"? How exactly do you intend to use Alexa? Additionally, how does credit card data security factor in?
2 comments

I can't speak for Boyd but I am interested to know if AVS can be integrated with a telephony system. For example, someone calls a 800 number...instead of having to sit on hold listening to music, a user could start asking Alexa questions. If I get the right response, I can hang up, if not then I would still be sitting in queue to wait for some human to answer. Is this possible for AVS.
1 Like 1 ·

I'd like to see the answer to Tiphanie's question...

0 Likes 0 ·
IVRguru avatar image
IVRguru answered ·

Hello all I now another big company who providing IVR service to small to big company just clink and seen full details of it

elstryan@Amazon avatar image
elstryan@Amazon answered ·

There are a couple of points here:

1. The terms and conditions required you to authorize each individual user of your product and associate that user with an Amazon account. Today we only support using "Login With Amazon" for this. This is documented here under the Authorization heading. As a result when a user called your 1-800 number they would need to also use another device (such as a personal computer) to enter their Amazon credentials. This is probably not what you're envisioning.
  2. Additionally: right now there is no way to restrict Alexa's responses to a specific domain. For a concrete example if someone called the 1-800 number and asked for the weather your AVS product would support providing an answer. For your specific domain logic - you would have to build a custom skill and then the user would use the utterance "Ask *your custom skill* for blah". Potentially this could also be okay for your use case.