question

arin avatar image
arin asked ·

Anyway that 1 slot can belong to more than 1 list?

Imagine I have 2 separate lists, e.g. City and Countries.

One intent may expect 3 slots that either one can be a City or a Country.

{CityOne}, {CityTwo] and {CityThree} are of type LIST_OF_CITY

{CountryOne}, {CountryTwo}, {CountryThree} are of type LIST_OF_COUNTRY

So, one way to define a sample for this intent would be like:

...{CityOne} {CountryOne} and {CityTwo] {Countrytwo} and {CityThree}{CountryThree}...

but this way of modeling the sample is not efficient...

I was wondering if instead of defining 6 slots, we could simply define 3 slots but each of them can belong to both types, LIST_OF_CITY and LIST_OF_COUNTRY.

Note that I have so many other intents and samples for which I cannot merge the 2 lists that is to say, I have to keep these 2 lists separate.

slotsinteraction model
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered ·

Hey there,

Unfortunately, you're limited to one type at the moment. You could always try creating one slot type that has both data, but I'm not sure how accurate the results would be. I'd suggest posting this as a feature request in our ideas space here.

Regards,

Jamie

1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, Jamie.

I didn't know that we can have duplicate values across multiple types and agree that it shouldn't be very accurate. Even the solution I mentioned before is not working, i.e., defining 6 slots and expecting 3 entries; it behaves weird and a little bit randomly. I guess the only remaining option would be to merge both types into one, which sacrifices the accuracy of several other intents!

I'll post it as a feature request.

Best.

0 Likes 0 ·