Idea

Ronny avatar image
Ronny suggested

Allow Skills to make Alexa talk automatically - send voice / sound to Alexa

I use Alexa together with Smarthome specifically with openHAB. With openHAB it is easy to create a voice output based on a certain rule (i.e. when you set your home to "Absence" and detect any movement you can generate a Voice output). Since in most homes the Smarthome application host (i.e. running openHAB) would not be in area burglar might go to (boiler room, garage) it would be very useful to be able to send a notification to Alexa which will be immediately be outputed (and might scare away the burglar). Of course this idea may not be bound to Smarthome integration. I order to prevent misuse, a permission could be implemented, which allows the Alexa owner to authorize the skill to play such notifications without actively asking Alexa something. (As the alarm clock already does this I think it is technically no problem to implement.)

alexa smart homealexa voice service
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

No Comments

· Write a Comment

Write a Comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.