Explanation of issues
1. Anyone can rate a Merch by Amazon Shirt
Currently anyone can rate a shirt on Amazon Merch. As Merch by Amazon becomes more competitive some anti-competitive individuals are resulting to using dirty tactics to have an unfair advantage. One of these issues is negative fake reviews against a popular shirt in their same niche with the intent of negatively effecting their competitors Amazon sales and ranking. As buyers rely upon reviews negative reviews can impact their perception of the value or quality of the product. This is usually easy ,to spot as the reviewer is not a verified purchase.
2. Fake negative reviews
One of the common ways to leave a fake negative review is to complain about the smell of the product. Anyone in the printing industry knows that DTG printing leaves a vinegar smell. So the fact they leave a one or two star review to complain of the vinegar smell and it is not a verified purchase shows it is another content creator trying to manipulate the review system with the intent to cause financial loss to another content creator.
Another often heard complaint is the size being too small. This may be legitimate but could also be a lie. At any rate it is nothing a Merch by Amazon Content Creator can control as we do not supply nor print the shirts. Neither the size or the smell is the fault of the content creator and having negative reviews stuck on a Merch by Amazon products for these two issues regardless of fake or legitimate does not accurately represent anything within the content creators control. In essence it is negatively impacting content creators compensation for something they have no control over.
4. Fake Positive Reviews
Another issue is fake glowing positive reviews of Merch Creators own products for the purpose of boosting search relevancy. They either do this via Facebook offering some sort of compensation or asking as a favor of a group or community for which they are the leader of. Which makes the reviews very biased thereby damaging the integrity of the Amazon review system.
Merch by Amazon products are not like normal FBA or MBA products as there is only one source (Amazon) for the products. This means that anyone reviewing a Merch by Amazon shirt should have the "verified purchase" badge next to their review as their is no other way they can obtain a Merch by Amazon shirt other than by purchasing it through Amazon. Therefore reviews that are either critical of or praising a product that do not say "verified purchase" would logically be fake reviews and should not be allowed as this is a a manipulation of the Amazon rating system, which is against Amazon TOS and damages Amazons integrity with the rating system .
- Amazon disallows any reviews for any shirts that are not a verified purchase.
- All reviews should require the person sign in with the account they purchased the item through
- Require x amount of purchases made before being able to leave reviews.
- Reviews should be a privilege not a right.
- Anyone caught manipulating the review system should be banned from ever making any reviews again under their Amazon account.
- Create a easy to use reporting button that provides a form where screenshots can be attached to report individuals who are offering free products or reimbursements for Amazon reviews. NOTE: Many Internet Marketers are providing compensation for glowing reviews on everything from Merch by Amazon shirts to Books and other products sold on Amazon. They post offers in their private Facebook groups offering "exclusive content" in exchange for Amazon reviews. This is another manipulation of the Amazon review system that is not only against the Amazon TOS but also undermines the integrity of the review system.
This idea will strengthen trust and integrity in the Amazon review system. This would greatly reduce fake reviews. This policy could be extended to all of Amazon