Idea

wajvpitt avatar image
wajvpitt Posted ·

Radio alarm clock

alexa skills kitalexa voice service
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wajvpitt avatar image
wajvpitt Posted ·

I like to wake up to the radio - for example the Today programme, which is on BBC Radio 4 from 6am to 9am every day. Alexa lacks the ability to wake up to the radio. I have seen various clunky workarounds, for example recording an Alexa command as an alarm on a cellphone. That is frankly ridiculous for a feature that should be simple to add to Alexa. Please can this be added?

I have mentioned this to various friends who have Alexa and they all think it is an important missing feature.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MapScallion, LLC avatar image
MapScallion, LLC Posted ·

Good news! There’s now an Alexa Skill that allows you to set alarms and timers that play music. It’s called ClockRadio.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076C6KC4D

Be happy avatar image
Be happy Posted ·

How can this be? Can you refer me to the section of the API which makes this possible please? Thank you !

newuser-047cc929-f2e2-4cdb-a9e0-7c0ccf705bff avatar image
newuser-047cc929-f2e2-4cdb-a9e0-7c0ccf705bff Posted ·

It would be good if the user could select a specific Skill to start as their alarm. That way, if a specific radio station has their own Alexa Skill, that specific radio station's Skill could be used.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.