Idea

MericaMan avatar image
MericaMan suggested

Merch pixel to pixel copy support

Yesterday I had a top selling Christmas shirt removed without any notice. In my manage tab it still shows live. I had a variation of that shirt removed as well and it wasn't really selling at all. I fear that One of the six copycats of my design have reported mine and had it removed. I have sent in multiple take down requests on these copy's for weeks now. Nothing has been done. Merch needs there own email and support for copycats. I feel the guys over at sale performance lack the information or the will to handle merch related issues. If copycats are doing this and getting away with it then its a real issue that needs to be addressed. Its stealing and despicable.

Would also like to add that it was a Santa Christmas design. Many were in its niche but it was one of the few that was original. I created this Santa and I have multiple designs of the same Santa doing various things. I checked for copyright issues and nothing in my keywords shows any results. No one in this world had this Santa before me. These copycats are getting out of control and I beg the merch team to consider hiring someone who's sole purpose is to take in pixel to pixel copy reports and other copyrighted reports and investigate them properly.

responsereportingcopyright
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MericaMan avatar image
MericaMan commented

Recieved emails back from seller support on the copycats and as usual the same ole same ole. provide us with a sample use of the original mark. and from the same report another email. provide us with an external hyperlink supporting your claim. Both of these I provided snapshots of my manage page with the date uploaded and it in its vector psd form in photoshop. That really should be enough. Now what do I do? I create something legit and within the approved content policy. A thief takes it and reports mine and I am to just sit back and be ok with it. Redbubble gets tons of images but can somehow keep this copying mess to a very low. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful with every ounce of my being to the merch team and can only imagine the stress that has been on them. With that said though this should be an huge priorty

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Do you save your emails, look for the one where your shirt first went live and submit that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jumping Rope & Eating Cookies avatar image
Jumping Rope & Eating Cookies commented

I had reported several P4P copies a while back. Yesterday I received emails from seller support saying those designs have been removed. So that was really good news. I am assuming they are getting caught up due to the holidays and are doing them in batches. I would recommend sending in something like this below. It has worked for me:

I found a pixel for pixel copy of my design and title. My design information is below. My Store Title:

My Design Title:

My URL:

My Design Upload Date:

The pixel for pixel copy is below.

Their Store: Their Title:

Their URL:

Their ASIN:

1 comment

Willing to try this even though the layout wasn't the same it was similar. Unfortunately the design of mine that I had reported originally got removed either by me or the copycats reporting me so I don't have a product page url. My whole point on this is though. There really shouldn't be any issue's with getting these removed. Merch should have there own person taking in these reports. They understand the system better then a department that doesn't really deal to much with merch

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniela avatar image
Daniela commented

I have reported copies of mine daily for about 3 weeks and in the end they removed everything, copycats ...and MINE ! Now it is a week I am writing them asking what had happened and to please republish mine that was an original design but no answers... very frustrating!

1 comment

When mine was removed I reported to copyright and merch. copyright sent back what I posted above and merch sent me this yesterday We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of all t shirts and to accept or reject any t-shirts at our discretion. Due to the high volume of submissions, we cannot address specific areas of concern with our content guidelines. They did not read my email just got an idea of what it was about and pasted the same ole. If they did read it they would have been able to tell I was the original owner

0 Likes 0 ·
Designerjon avatar image
Designerjon commented

New to this, but if copy cats are taking designs and then reporting the original creators, who's work then gets taken down, this is a little worrying. One question does come to mind is that if the copycats are reporting and then the original creators design is taken down, what are the copy cats telling and showing Merch to back their claim? Like I said, I'm new to this but would like to understand this?

1 comment

More than a little worrying... and would be so simple to fix at the time of review. It's called image recognition...

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.