Idea

Mike E. avatar image
Mike E. suggested

Trademark Auto-Underline Warning

After months of not making any mistakes, today (upon uploading my latest batch of well researched and professionally designed t-shirts) I aligned two words that, when positioned together and taken out of context, resulted in a rejected submission to MBA. Fortunately, I caught the error almost immediately and fixed the problem after about my 5th or 6th shirt upload and the rest went through to processing without a problem. One thought I had is a feature that would serve as a trademark or copyright autocorrect or auto-warning. Similar to how a Word doc will underscore a misspelled word, perhaps the upload platform can highlight words or pairings of words that present problems. Obviously, this would be helpful to root out the folks who unlawfully use Disney, Pepsi, or other prominent brands only to say later they "didn't know" they couldn't do that. But it could also help careful creators who might make an innocent mistake (like I did today). If I hadn't caught myself I may have ended up with a suspended or terminated account for what was truly a mistake. Any thoughts?

merch by amazon
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kristi avatar image
Kristi commented

There's far too many trademarks and copyrights for a system to scan for. I don't see this happening.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James avatar image
James commented

People would use it to circumvent the system

John Adams avatar image
John Adams commented

The MerchGeek Chrome Browser extension allows you to highlight text, right-click, and search the USPTO databse with a single click. You might want to look into that until some other fix or change happens.

Sea2Skye avatar image
Sea2Skye commented

That kind of system can't work - copyrights are not always recorded - you have to know if you don't own the intellectual property rights to something. Trademarks are specific to particular goods and services and are changing all the time. The amazon system and the USPTO systems are not going to be able to talk to each other.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.