Idea

raymondpirouz avatar image
raymondpirouz suggested

Rejection Emails Must Contain Explicit Reason

When a submission is rejected, it is rejected for a VERY SPECIFIC reason.

However, when an email goes out to notify the designer, only a general idea is given as to why (copyright).

Because the rejection (either by human or by machine) is due to a very specific issue (whether a graphic exists or some aspect of the text is trademarked) that reasoning must be included in the email so as to minimize guesswork on behalf of the designer.

This would require Amazon to add a field to its automated email template for the specific reason, and upon the specific reason for the rejection being triggered, populate that field with the exact reason as to why the submission was rejected.

I suspect this will take someone about an hour to code (and I am being quite generous).

Taking care of this issue would save HOURS for designers AND for Amazon staff who have to otherwise respond to inquiries asking for clarification as to the rejection.

response
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

2 Comments

·
gegegeo avatar image
gegegeo commented

They might even be able to raise our commissions back to what they were with all the saved time and resources on their end after implementing said code...

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zarifis avatar image
Zarifis commented

There have been requests for years for more info in the rejection emails. Can Amazon please implement this? Since the process is more than likely automated, then it should be fairly easy to code the issue into the email that goes out to the designer.

I've had a couple of rejections over the years that were impossible or very difficult to figure out and I ended up not submitting a design. A waste of my money and time.

1 comment
10 |5000

I hope they fix this also. However, instead of trying to figure it out, I write to them exactly what I think the day of the rejection. I usually get an answer back detailing the problem. Most times I can fix the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.