There are various form factors to devices that use the Android operating system (smartphones, tablets, etc.). Each of these device types have their own unique features and user experience. Therefore you may wish to create multiple versions of your app, to target these device types. You can then submit the multiple binary files for the same app. Below you will find information on how to add or remove multiple binaries from your apps.
Adding a new binary
The steps below assume that you have already finished uploading your first binary and completed filling in the required information.
1. Click the “Save and Add a Binary” button, towards the top of the screen.
2. Scroll to the Binary file section, and upload your new binary file (APK). Make sure to increment the version code of your app as well as follow the guidelines in Build your APKs and Configure the Android Manifest.
3. Click the “Edit device support” link next to the device type you would like to target with this binary file. Note: In the “Device Support” section, you will only be able to target the devices that are not already targeted by your existing binary.
4. Select each specific device you would now like to support and click “OK”
5. Click “Save” and continue to enter in the required information on each tab.
6. When all of the tabs have a green checkmark, click the “Submit App” button, at the bottom of the screen, to submit your app for testing and review.
Removing a binary
If your app is already live in the store, and it uses multiple binary files, you will need to create a new version of your app before you can remove any of the existing binary files. This will ensure that existing users will be able to keep the version they have already downloaded.
1. Click the “Add Upcoming Version“ link, to create the new version of your app.
2. Navigate to the “Binary File(s)” tab.
3. Click the link with the name of the binary you would like to remove.
4. Click the “Edit” button towards the bottom of the screen.
5. Click the “Remove Binary” button, then click “OK” to continue.
6. Click “Save” and continue to enter in the required information on each tab.
7. When all of the tabs have a green checkmark, click the “Submit App” button, at the bottom of the screen, to submit your app for testing and review.
Please remember: if you are removing a binary file from your app, the devices this binary targeted will no longer be available to users. If your app still supports these devices, please edit one of your existing binaries to target these devices. You can get more info on this here "How do I add or remove device compatibility to my live app?"