Idea

Pratik avatar image
Pratik suggested

AMAZON! Do something about this NASTY SMELL!

LET'S FACE IT! The dye/ink whatever you call, it smells so bad. As a result, we get bad reviews.

I suggest you either use a non-smelly ink or start adding a tag and inform that this is due to the ink and will go away after one wash. We get so many bad reviews because of this. They don't update that review again after washing the tee.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS SUGGESTION DEAR MERCH TEAM! I've seen many other PODs adding that tag. WHY CAN'T MERCH DO IT?

PLEASE? :)

@Leia@Amazon

@Elizabeth

merch by amazon
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

TC LLC avatar image
TC LLC commented

Agree - I've seen multiple bad reviews on my shirts for the awful smell. May not be the ink but certainly part of the printing process.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-01db726b-1bee-4d56-9be9-5f0a6075c335 avatar image
newuser-01db726b-1bee-4d56-9be9-5f0a6075c335 commented

Actually, it's not the ink. Part of the process in DTG printing is using a vinegar solution to prep the garment. The only other option is silk screen printing and that would push the price and creation of the shirt beyond profitability for one off shirts. Just a part of doing business in the POD environment. If it weren't the vinegary smell, it'd be another chemical smell for setting the ink.

W2Creative avatar image
W2Creative commented

Patience friends, there's already steps being taken to produce environmentally safe inks that lack the smell of the bi-product for DTG printing. It's all in good time. Most consumers are already aware of this smell as DTG for POD is more prevalent when online shopping.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.