Idea

shusha avatar image
shusha suggested

Shirt/shit Mistake not intentional

Over this year, I had a few rejections around the word "Shit" which was of course a mistake and when typing the word "Shirt" the r was missing! The human brain is completing the word in the head so it is hard to see that an R is missing! Since I believe if you can see that the tees are not profanity so it is clear that it is just a mistake typing of the word "Shirt" I want to ask the following:

• 1.Please when typing on dashboard, your algorithm will mark the word "Shit" as a mistake letting know we can't use it!
  • 2.Please delete from history of the sellers these mistakes since it is not intentional and a problem when you write the word "shirt" a lot of times
  • Thanks
merch by amazon
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lawrence westfall avatar image
lawrence westfall commented

Please check spelling before uploading. How hard is that?

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Maybe if the text area actual feels were easier to read it would be much easier to catch those mistakes. As it is now it's a bit of a pain.

0 Likes 0 ·
shusha avatar image
shusha commented

Thanks upena for your answer. As a mother to 3 kids, I "need" from time to time to be preached…Well now seriously, I wouldn't written this if I didn't think it was a real problem hearing this from a lot of people. Specifically that after you check spell the list, you sometimes just don't see it since, like I explained, you complete the word in your head. We don't need to see eye to eye on this, that is fine!

1 comment

Maybe you are not meant to do this. This is god's or the force's way of telling you to stop doing this and spend more time with those wonderful kids. This merch by Amazon hustle is not worth it to worry over it.

Peace Love and Disney and Dungeon & Dragon

0 Likes 0 ·
Emily M avatar image
Emily M commented

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I have all my bullets, titles and descriptions in a database that DOES check for misspellings and it did NOT pick it up. Also, when you enter text into the bullet fields you can only see part of what you entered. It's an obvious misspelling error, not an effort to upload a shirt that does not comply with policies. I would like to have that removed from my account as well.

1 comment

I know @Emily M! and the problem is that these shirts are being tag as profanity which is ridiculous and Not fair.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacquelyn avatar image
Jacquelyn commented

I just had this error too! Color me embarrassed! I HOPE that Merch takes this obvious error into account and judges our rejections based on our obvious intent. I HOPE...

shusha avatar image
shusha commented

I believe a lot of times when a shirt is rejected and you just have no idea why, this can be the reason but you can read the same sentence over and over again and still you won't noticed it

rickko avatar image
rickko commented

I've had this happen to me 4 times in the last 7 days. Obviously this is not intentional and the small text inputs makes it very hard to see what we're typing. I had setup a word doc that was suppose to auto correct the spelling, unfortunately it didn't work.

1 comment

Right! Because "Shit" is not mark as misspelled in word doc. all I aske is for the Merch tool to mark this word so we can see it. and also go back to our past rejections on this issue....

0 Likes 0 ·
ohhiitsme avatar image
ohhiitsme commented

I read about this happening to people, so literally every time i submit a shirt now, i first hit control+f on my browser and do a quick search for shit to make sure its not there ;-)

1 comment

:-)!! Yes

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.