Idea

EternalSecurity avatar image
EternalSecurity suggested

Word for Word Title & Bullet Point Copies of other design listings should be Rejected

Hi all, for a good while I have been having a problem as I'm sure many of you have with people redoing my best selling designs taking the phrase and redoing it in a similar style. A problem we all face and a nature of the beast. However my issue is with allowing such people to physically copy and paste other peoples Title's and Bullets (literally identically, word for word) and publish as competition against them. For a while I have ignored this but to me I can't understand why Amazon would not just wish to reject people who are copying and pasting other merch users 'Title's' and 'Bullet' points for their t-shirts. I have had this happen a lot to me from others walking in my shadows.

This is not a matter so much of intellectual property, rather just people being spammy and not creating unique and original content. Amazon should penalise sellers who do not create their own titles and bullets, but word for word copy and paste other peoples existing listings of their titles and bullet points. Such listings should be rejected and not approved. Many of us sellers put considerable time into actually developing our keywords, titles and bullet points as part of our strategy. For another person to come along and just not only steal your design idea, the phrase and redesign it in a similar shirt if that was not bad enough, but enabling them to literally steal our title and bullet points to leech off of our designs success and our keyword strategy is just simply not fair or acceptable. There is surely a solution to this by not enabling duplicate content with identical titles or identical bullet points. This will encourage all sellers to play by the same rules and Amazon benefit from unique content rather than people praciticing such tactics of spam and duplication, After all merch wants unique original content creators. Please vote if you support this also. Many thanks!

merch by amazonspamt-shirtmerch
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Oomph avatar image
Oomph commented

You do aware there are thousands of seller in here and its already hard enough to patrol design copy cat. And now you want them to patrol word for word and comparing to their data who copy who? I'd love to support your idea but I doubt this will ever take priority of the other things that they can improve.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It would be a simple thing to check automatically.

0 Likes 0 ·
EternalSecurity avatar image
EternalSecurity commented

Design copy cats require manual review. Where as if another merch account copies another merch accounts titles and bullets on their listing/listings then that could be captured by some script or software which could automatically reject such word for word copies that are done from other peoples accounts. However rejections should not be made to content creators who copy their own titles and bullets to use or who adjust them slightly for their own work. Where there's a will there's a way.

Oomph avatar image
Oomph commented

If it is not copyright, I doubt there will be any action taken. This is the fact!

Jose Pisani avatar image
Jose Pisani commented

Really Insane your idea.

1 comment

I would argue it's insane to leave the gate open to allow people to copy and paste other peoples listings word for word literally, so not only can they be lazy and make a similar design they can copy and paste your title and bullets...that's insane. It just encourages copy cats, a bad ethical environment and people to be lazy. It would be well within Amazons abilities to implement something like this to the benefit of sellers who create original work and content. It would also take work off the copyright team as they would receive less reports from people reporting people doing such things. Win win all round, except for the copiers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.