Idea

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer suggested

Make Merch a paid service

Let people pay to be ( and to Stay ) in this program to avoid all these 10.99$ poor mindset strategies and ask a montly rent for single t-shirts online to avoid all these "bad quantity" instead of "quality".

merch by amazon
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Charlie avatar image
Charlie commented

I'd rather they just close the doors. Weed out all the wrong uns and get Merch where it needs to be before allowing anyone else into the program.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I totally agree with this. I think they should stop focusing on getting people in and start focusing on weeding out people who aren't serious.

0 Likes 0 ·
Allen Mudgett avatar image
Allen Mudgett commented

I can't help but think that a more attentive screening process during the application phase would help to weed out a lot of the wrong ones.

I'm not sure that it has to do with paying for the program, but rather the mindset of the Merch seller that only thinks of making a quick buck by any means.

Definitely weed out all of the pixel for pixel copycats as they are thieves that will hurt the Merch program overall in so many ways.

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer commented

If you let people think they could earn easy money without risk, how can you be surprised to have all these bad mindset people into this program? ask people to pay and all of them without a good mindset, marketing and/or graphic skills will disappear. Ask to pay for account and for having online your t-shirts and all of them asking multiple account only to resell them will disappear

Carrie H. avatar image
Carrie H. commented

strongly disagree:

1. low pricing strategies are just that: different strategies...and not necessarily a bad mindset. Just because the mindset is different from what you think is good doesn't make it bad or a poor business plan.

2. Multiple accounts will not disappear if merch became a pay to play program. I suspect a majority of single users with multiple accounts are already paying for their additional accounts and make enough money in their additional accounts to make a pay to play situation affordable.

The only thing I would see this accomplishing is it would stop people from joining who aren't confident in their design skills and are on the fence about joining. Personally, I don't see getting rid of those users as a good thing.

3 comments

Completely agree. . .

0 Likes 0 ·

1) agree with you if you are using your money...... you are free to do what do you want even work for free or discounting everything but in "reality" you have expenses, only people with poor mindset or in a poor country can think to follow this path

2) if people must pay many of these account sellers will disappear because account buyers will become less and less

0 Likes 0 ·

I know multiple people not in a poor country or with a"poor mindset" who price low for various reasons.

I disagree. You will lose the more honest people who want to start or who are building slowly and retain people who make more than enough money to cover the fees...and dishonest sellers are making more than enough.

0 Likes 0 ·
MrApo avatar image
MrApo commented

TL;DR beware of what you wish for, or you can be the first victim of your wish. What if Amazon make fee so high that you will not be able to pay it?

mimhe avatar image
mimhe commented

I don't like this idea. I remember my first month, I was a total newbie (still I am). I wouldn't have enough to pay fees. Maybe, paid service for the higher tiers.

Hanalei avatar image
Hanalei commented

Making people pay because too many are employing Capitalist strategy? That's funny! It's good way to chase people to the dozens of free platforms that sell on Amazon anyway.

WS 33 avatar image
WS 33 commented

Bad idea, that would make it unprofitable compared to other platforms .Merch Already takes money from each sale .

And Since sales are never consistent, and system errors exasurbate problems preventing orderly roll out of trending items ; a fee like that would just be another straw on the back of sellers/designers. Just let competition compete freely. No rules. The best sellers will rank, and those not making sales will fall off naturally . I just want the system to move freely, with tiering up, and unlimited listings.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.