Idea

JPB avatar image
JPB suggested

American Apparel t-shirt fix sizing!

The style of the AA shirt is a much better design for my demographic. BUT, I keep getting 1-star reviews because of sizing issues and it is killing my sales! They run VERY small for women, especially. Can we get a different design with correct sizing? Also, a cotton/polyester blend would be great too since the Anvil tees are already 100% cotton. I know it says to size up, but the buyers are not getting it. We need a change! Is Amazon working on this huge issue?

merch by amazonreviews
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

angelR avatar image
angelR commented

I'm not sure but, I think the AA shirts description state that the shirt are a "slim fit".

I would check an if it's not there, check if is against policy to put in the description that this type of shirt run small,

The two type of shirt options offer are the optimum options for the printing method Amazon used. The

Cotton/polyester blend shirts are of a less quality, intern that results in a less of a premium quality print.

So I don't think Amazon will be providing that option.

Hope this help.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes it does say slim fit and to size up, but this means that only women size Large and smaller can fit into the AA design shirts. We are missing out on such a huge portion of sells for women sized XL and larger in this style of tee!

0 Likes 0 ·
Finn avatar image
Finn commented

They just filed for their second bankruptcy about a month ago so who knows what the future of AA and Merch will be. Seems they are also up for sale so maybe Amazon will look into acquiring them.

"Although American Apparel completed Chapter 11 proceedings just nine months ago, the company is already preparing to file for bankruptcy once again, according to a report by Bloomberg. The previous months have seen outside companies attempting to take control of the beleaguered clothing company, reorganizing it from within in an attempt to turn it around. It seems, however, that these efforts have proven unsuccessful, and reports indicate that the company is now entering into sale that may require bankruptcy proceedings in order to protect new owners from liabilities and unprofitable brick and mortar stores."

1 comment

Interesting. Thanks for the update on that.

0 Likes 0 ·
JPB avatar image
JPB commented

I also find it so interesting that women sizing only goes to XL and men's goes to 3XL. Not good.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.