Idea

BethCentral avatar image
BethCentral suggested

Feature Request: Watermark Please!

• Give us context: A watermark on the design....acts as a preventative for thieving thieves to steal our designs and resell them both on Amazon and other platforms (costing both us, and Amazon money)
  • ·Provide details: I think most people would prefer to not have their hard work stolen and sold by someone else. It's costing both designers and Amazon money to continue without a watermark on the designs. All of the other platforms I sell on features watermarks, and buyers are not deterred by it.
  • ·Describe the impact: Would save time and money for designers, and money for Amazon. Would also keep top designers using your platform instead of leaving out of frustration of all of their best designs being stolen constantly. It would also enable designers to use their time designing and creating new content instead of constantly chasing down thieves and trying to get copycat designs taken down.
merch by amazon
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pratik avatar image
Pratik commented

A very needed request.

But very important, please give us a "global" option to turn this ON or OFF. I will start it as ON by default but if I see any impact on my sales afterwards, I'd likely take a hit and consider it turning off regardless if there's a decrease in sales due to watermarked preview images.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kristi avatar image
Kristi commented

Bumping this so people can please vote it up. Apparently it isn't being seen...

BethCentral avatar image
BethCentral commented

we have unlimited votes now!!!! I don't know about you folks, but I still want this (with the option of each person turning it on and off for themselves preferably)

Joe G avatar image
Joe G commented

they actually dont need to be visible watermarks, u can have a watermark show up when a copy is taken, im sure this is what Amazon will look into, and a notice on all detail pages stating this.

KJ avatar image
KJ commented

Yay, I can vote again. VOTED! Done and done. Would love to see this implemented.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.