Idea

Jumping Rope & Eating Cookies avatar image
Jumping Rope & Eating Cookies suggested

Sellers/Designers...Consider This Feature Request...A Deeper Search Feature That Searches Into Key Product Features & Product Description Field & Returns Results

• There is already a feature request to implement a tool to help us with identifying keywords that are prohibited for new listings. However, there is nothing to help us find words that are prohibited that we already have on live shirts in the marketplace and that are in the Key Product Features and Product Description Fields. So, this is a slightly different request for existing designs and not for future designs. I'm already in the process of going through mine and almost done with most of them but this request is more for the entire community as a whole rather than for me personally. I feel like we can all benefit from this. By the time this gets implemented I'll likely be done with mine (which is fine) but others will certainly be able to benefit from this starting today and moving into the future.
  • Context: Inside the UI, the search/filter feature, it would be nice to be able to search "inside the product details field and the product description field" for words that may be in violation of Amazon's new content policy. Currently, as it stands, the search feature only returns results from titles of shirts.
  • ·Details: I think that with the evolution of the MBA program have this tool would allow us with thousands of designs to search for words like "Amazon Prime" or "Prime" or "USA" or "Printed" etc., more easily rather than having to go through every design we have listed. I'm sure there is a way to do this by allowing a deeper search feature to search inside of "Key Product Features" section or the "Product Description" section or "Title". Then we can easily figure out what shirts are in violation and fix them immediately.
  • ·The Impact: It would save us all a lot of time and headaches. I had to hire 2 people to look through all my designs. I'm not talking about 500 designs. I'm talking about 6k+ designs. This task has taken me over 2 months to get this far and I'm still not done. In fact, i'm probably missing some due to human error which makes me very nervous. However, currently, the only way to resolve the issue is to go through them one by one. Again, this has taken me over two months, I'm still not done and I have spent over $2k on employees fixing these.
  • At the moment, there is plenty of buzz in the forum with having to go back and delete "prime" "amazon prime" etc. but there is virtually no way of finding those prohibited words without going through your listings one by one.

If anyone is reading this and has the same concern please vote for this even if you don't have that many designs live at the moment. This is a needed feature for all MBA users. If you are at the lower tiers you'll appreciate this further down the line when you have thousands of designs live.

merch by amazon
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carrie H. avatar image
Carrie H. commented

absolutely agree

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chee chiaw avatar image
chee chiaw commented

Totally agree. I am already having headache thinking of going through my 900 designs one by one. To make things worse we don't even know the exact words that will trigger rejection. I have many shirt that gets rejected after I edited them even though I've removed those afore mentioned sensitive keywords.

MrApo avatar image
MrApo commented

Create Google search for Amazon. This company is smart enought to implement tools for insight (mayby even auto search and compare designs and OCR).

Chris avatar image
Chris commented

When the keyword search gets added, please also allow it to search the Parent ASIN field. This will enable us to quickly find a specific design when needed, instead of browsing multiple results/pages that typically get pulled up on a title search.

Jumping Rope & Eating Cookies avatar image
Jumping Rope & Eating Cookies commented

Bumping this one because it is the most important one for all of us to remain compliant.

xfngrz1mrx avatar image
xfngrz1mrx commented

I would love to see this feature.

OnceAT avatar image
OnceAT commented

Yes! I would like to search by ASIN as well.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.