Idea

newuser-46e15397-df64-4a6c-bf6f-448e92cba64f avatar image

SDK for controlling Echo devices

Currently Echo devices can control the smart home. But it would be nice for a smart home gateway to control Echo devices as well. E.g.: Start playing music on echo if the light was turned on, let alexa speak an alarm if the window is open for a long time, let alexa speak that a person is waiting at the door and so on. So I think, a SDK for controlling echo devices would extend the things what can be done with echo devices.

alexa smart homehomeechosdk
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This would make the Echo really useful. Currently it is a toy to play with voice commands, nice, but not neccessary. I don't want to ask my smart home about stuff, i want to be notified automatically about events (opened windows, temperature changes etc.).

0 Likes 0 ·
FulvioSpelta avatar image
FulvioSpelta commented

I confirm. Echo devices should become full parts of the smart home helping to have a full voice interaction (input command bue give feedback and alarms too).

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Oggerschummer avatar image
Oggerschummer commented

Agreed, that would be a killer feature. Especially letting Alexa speak a text without any other additions only once would be perfect. The current reminder function is always playing a chime and adds "This is your reminder"-like phrases plus, and that is much worse, it plays it twice instead of only once. Please, please, please let this become reality. Having multiple Echos in the house this would make live much easier.

newuser-3ae91f12-9be8-4f77-aae2-43274144830c avatar image
newuser-3ae91f12-9be8-4f77-aae2-43274144830c commented

Wonderful idea!

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.