article

erik-amzn avatar image
erik-amzn posted

Introducing the AVS Device SDK

An easy-to-use SDK to quickly create device software for Alexa-enabled products. The AVS Device SDK provides C++-based libraries to add intelligent voice-control to connected products by providing components to process audio inputs and triggers, establish persistent connections with AVS, and handle all Alexa-driven interactions.

Learn more about the AVS Device SDK and build your first prototype using the included sample app.

alexa voice servicealexa lists
3 comments
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Looks really promising, if only I could get it to work. :-) Are there tools for debugging Alexa interactions somewhere that I just haven't found yet? I am trying to get the sample app running on a Raspberry Pi 3 and not getting any audio out.

1 Like 1 ·

Also, while the quick start guide for rpi was mostly excellent I did strike some issues:

• inconsistent language between the new AVS console and docs is confusing
  • app requires flask but not told to install it (had to install pip and then flask)
  • some commands required sudo and this was not mentioned (or explained)
1 Like 1 ·

@erik-amzn I made some notes about my experience building the sample app on the Pi here that might be useful feedback: https://www.virtuit.com.au/2017/08/22/creating-alexa-device-raspberry-pi/

1 Like 1 ·

Article

Contributors

erikhopf contributed to this article