Your app does not need to be ad free in order to qualify for Amazon Underground. However, the following guidelines related to in-app advertising apply to the Amazon Underground version of your app:
- If the non-Underground version of your app did not previously contain advertising, do not add advertising to the Amazon Underground version of your app.
- If the non-Underground version of your app contains in-app advertising, you may keep the same amount or decrease the amount of in-app advertising for the Amazon Underground version of your app. This guideline applies to both the number of advertisements run in your app and the duration of those advertisements.
- If the non-Underground version of your app contained ads and offered an IAP item to remove the ads, remove both the ads and the appropriate IAP item from the Amazon Underground version.
- You must not require a user to watch advertisements to unlock IAP items or other rewards.
- You must not increase the amount of advertising within your app for Amazon Underground.
For additional information please view our requirements documentation.