Skill suppression means your skill will no longer be available to on the Alexa Skills Store. There are two options for skill suppression:
- Hide: The skill remains active for current users that have it enabled, but the skill is unavailable for enablement by new users.
- Remove: The skill will be inaccessible for the users that have it enabled and also makes the skill unavailable for enablement by new users.
To Hide or Remove your skill in the Developer Console:
- Log in to the Alexa Skills Kit Developer Console.
- Click on “Your Alexa Consoles > Skills” on the top right corner.
- On the next page you will see a list of your skills. Please find the skill you want to Hide or Remove from the Alexa Skills Store.
- Click on:
- Hide to hide your skill from the Alexa Skills Store, but have the skill remain accessible to the current enabled users.
- Remove to remove your skill from the Alexa Skills Store and make the skill inaccessible to the enabled users.
5. Select a reason for hiding/removing your skill in the drop down menu and confirm the request by clicking “Hide” or “Remove” button on the pop up.
Note: The skill, once back in 'development' in the Developer Console, can be resubmitted for certification at a later point with or without changes.