article

justin avatar image
justin posted

Amazon Developer Forums FAQ

1. Will I be able to use my existing forum account?

Yes; once our new forums are live, you will be able to sign in with your current forum credentials. You will be prompted to confirm your profile information the first time you log in. After that, it will be business as usual!

2. Will I still have access to my previous posts?

Yes; all existing forum posts will be migrated over to the site.

3. Can I use this on my mobile or tablet?

Absolutely! The forums are designed to be responsive to different devices and resolutions.

4. How do I stylize my questions and answers?

There is a WYSIWYG editor available to use by default.

5. How do I change my profile picture?

Navigate to your profile by selecting your name in the top-right corner of the screen and selecting Profile. You can then upload a photo of your liking (524kb limit).

6. What is reputation, and how do I earn it?

Reputation are virtual points awarded to users who participate with the community. You can earn additional rep by answering questions, receiving likes, and partaking in other general activities.

7. Where can I view all of the available badges?

Click the Menu button and select Badges to view unlockable badges.

8. Where are the threads I'm following?

Navigate to your profile by selecting your name in the top right corner of the screen and selecting Profile.

9. Select My Subscriptions to view all of your followed content. (Note: this does not carry over from our previous forum software)

10. What are Topics?

Topics are keywords used to describe a question, article, or answer posted by the community. This helps users better surface your content, so providing accurate and well-known topics will ensure your question or answer achieves the highest level of visibility.

11. A question has been answered, but it's indicated that they have no answers. Why?

For a question to be officially answered, an answer must be accepted either by the original question asker or a moderator.

12. Is it possible to create hyperlinked words in my posts?

Select the word you'd like to be hyperlinked and press the icon that looks like earth (in the editing features), then enter the URL you'd like the word to point to.

13. Is there a way to see my activity to the forum?

You can view your actions by going to your profile; select your username in the top-right of the page and click 'Activity'.

14. Is there a way to become a moderator of a Space?

At this time, only Amazon employees are moderators and admins.

helphow-totutorial
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Article

Contributors

Sindy@Amazon contributed to this article Justin@Amazon contributed to this article nick_gardner contributed to this article