When the Amazon Developer Forums are migrated to our new offsite infrastructure, the sign in experience will also be slightly updated. At that point, we will begin using Login with Amazon (LWA) as the authentication method for the Amazon developer Forums.
What this means is that although you'll still sign in with the same e-mail address and password that you're using currently, some things have changed behind the scenes. The most visible of these changes will be that your public name in the Amazon Developer Forums will be based upon the "Name" value as described in the "Login & Security" section of your Amazon.com retail account.
What that means is that if you already set a human readable public name in our forums, like "KirkC@Amazon.com" (as opposed to a name like "NewUser-XXXX"), and you would like to continue using that same established public name, then you will need to do the following:
- Sign into your Amazon.com account and go to Login & security.
- Next to Name, click Edit.
- Under New name, input your desired public name.
- Click Save changes.
That's it! If you were already signed into our new forums, then in order for this change to take effect you must sign out and sign back in.
- Q: What impact does making this change have on other aspects of my Amazon account?
- A: Changing the "Name" value under "Login & security" does not impact your stored Amazon.com billing or shipping information. Your updated "Name" value may however show up in other Amazon products. For example, this name will be used when sharing your lists and it will be used as your name within Amazon Music among other products and services.