article

Karunish@Amazon avatar image
Karunish@Amazon Posted · · edited ·

FAQ's for New ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware 0019 (updated from previous version 0015)

On Thursday, February 25, 2021, Alexa Connect Kit (ACK) has released a new Firmware resource on ACK developer console.

What has been released?

ACK has released ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware 0019. This firmware version provides feature parity to ACK Module with MediaTek chipset Firmware 1352 and allows device makers to mass manufacture devices using ACK Module with Espressif chipset.

What features are available in ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware 0019 release?

Firmware 0019 for ACK Module with Espressif chipset brings features that are available in ACK Module with MediaTek chipset Firmware 1352. At a high level, below features are supported in ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware 0019.

• Provide Frustration Free device setup experience such as Zero Touch Setup (ZTS), Barcode Scan (BCS) and User Guided Setup (UGS) for devices using ACK Module with Espressif chipset.
  • Provide Command and Control, host microcontroller unit firmware Over-The-Air (OTA) update management, device log management and device usage metrics management for devices using ACK Module with Espressif chipset.
  • For more details please consult ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware 0019 release notes available in download from ACK developer console resources page.

Where can I download the ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware 0019?

ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware 0019 can be downloaded from ACK developer console resources page. Select ACK Module with Espressif chipset option for the Module Type and it will display all available resources.

*A registered Amazon developer account is required to access the resources page.

Can I use ACK Module with Espressif chipset firmware for commercial manufacturing?

Yes. With Firmware version 0019 of ACK Module with Espressif chipset, device manufacturers can proceed with commercial manufacturing. Please contact the Alexa Connect Kit team using ack-apply@amazon.com email if you are a commercial manufacturer interested in submitting a project application for a device launch. Please include your name, your company’s name, a description of the project, a target year/quarter for launch, and a target shipment volume rounded to the nearest 1,000 units. The Alexa Connect Kit team cannot guarantee a response to every inquiry.

I have ACK Module with Espressif chipset with previous developer/beta preview firmware installed on it. How can I upgrade to this new firmware?

Please visit Module Utility CLI reference for information on how to upgrade firmware on existing ACK Modules with Espressif chipset.

I have a prototype device built with ACK Module with Espressif chipset running Firmware 0015. Is it important to upgrade to Firmware 0019?

Yes, ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware 0015 had an issue that prevented some end customers from completing device registration using Alexa App. Firmware 0019 introduces fixes for that issue and it is highly recommended to upgrade ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware to 0019 version. Please read release notes of Firmware 0019 on developer console for more details.

Which version(s) of Module Utility and ACK Device SDK is compatible with this Firmware 0019?

Please use the latest versions of ACK Module Utility and ACK Device SDK with ACK Module with Espressif chipset. These can be downloaded from ACK developer console resources page.

When can I start using ACK Module with Espressif chipset for commercial manufacturing?

Please send an email to ack-apply@amazon.com to know more details about availability of ACK Module with Espressif chipset for commercial manufacturing.

Where do I contact for questions related to ACK Module with Espressif chipset Firmware 0019?

You can ask general inquiry questions through ACK developer console Contact Us form. Select type as General Inquiry, category as Other and mention ACK tag in the subject line. If you are a commercial manufacturer, you can also reach out to your ACK Solution Architect contact or send an email to ack-apply@amazon.com. You can also post about your questions on ACK developer forum space.

alexa smart homeack
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Article

Contributors

karunish contributed to this article