Update your existing live skill on the Alexa skill store according to improvement recommendations provided by the Alexa skills team and stand a chance to earn up to Rs.10,000* in Amazon.in gift cards.
This Alexa Skill Improvement Offer, is made available by Amazon Seller Services Private Limited to (a) all Alexa developers that have at least one Alexa skill that’s published on the skill store with more than or equal to 100 unique customers between September 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020 and (b) have opted-in for this Offer on or before November 11, 2020 by email.
(Please note: This is an offer limited to Indian Alexa developers who've registered on the developer console with their country/region as India. Terms and conditions apply.)
How it works:
- To participate in this Offer, submit your skill which has at least 100 or more unique customers between September 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020, by emailing us at email@example.com from the email address associated with your developer account (“Email Account”) on or before November 11, 2020 with the skill ID in the subject line. Our team will send improvement recommendations for your skill by email to your Email Account on or before November 20, 2020.
- Implement ALL applicable improvement recommendations sent by Alexa skills team by email (“Recommendations”) and get the updated skill certified by December 6, 2020 to earn yourself an Amazon.in Gift Card worth INR 2,000.
- If you update your skill with all Recommendations, and if the skill gains at least 2500 unique active customers on Echo devices within 30 days of the skill republishing date, you can earn an Amazon.in Gift Card worth INR 5,000.
- If you update your skill with all Recommendations, and if the skill gains at least 5000 unique active customers on Echo devices within 30 days of the skill republishing date, you can earn an Amazon.in Gift Card worth INR 10,000.
- If I have more than one Alexa skill with 100 or more unique customers between September 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020, can I submit multiple skills for the promotion?
Yes, you can submit all your skills that have more than 100 unique customers between September 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020. In this case, you will need to send a separate email for each skill that you want to submit for the program.
2. Do I need to implement ALL recommendations provided or can I implement only a few to earn perks?
To be eligible for the promotion and earn an Amazon.in Gift Card under the Offer or Add-On Offers, you need to implement all recommendations provided for your skill, and get the skill certified by December 6, 2020. See detailed Terms and Conditions below.
3. If my skills gains 5000+ active customers on Echo devices will I be earning the INR 2000, INR 5000 as well as INR 10,000 GC?
Once you’ve implemented all recommendations and gotten the skill certified by December 6, 2020, you will qualify for the Offer. If your skill gains 5000+ active customers on Echo devices within 30 days of skill republishing, you will only be eligible for the INR 10,000 Gift Card. Offers are limited to one Gift Card per Amazon skill only.
4. When will I receive my perk if eligible?
Eligibility for the Skill Improvement Offer and the First and Second Add-on offers will be announced via email by January 22, 2021 and code(s) to activate Gift Cards will be shared with developers by January 30, 2021.
5. Will customers using the skill on the Alexa app (on mobile devices) count towards the unique user count for the Add-On Offer?
No, only users who have used your skill on an Amazon Echo device will be considered for the unique user count, to determine your eligibility for the Add-On Offers.
Terms and Conditions
The Skill Improvement Offer, First and Second Add-on Offers (First and Second Add-on Offers, together, “Add-On Offers”) (collectively, “Offer”) described below are provided by Amazon Seller Services Private Limited. Please read these terms and conditions ("T&Cs") before entering the Contest. You acknowledge that you satisfy all Offer eligibility requirements as provided herein below.
- Under Skill Improvement Offer, (a) Developers with skills that have more than 100 monthly active users between 12:00 am IST September 1, 2020 and 11:59PM IST September 30, 2020 (“Offer Period”); (b) opt-in to this incentive program by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 11, 2020 with the skill ID clearly mentioned in the subject line; and (c) implement all recommendations (“Recommendations”) shared by the Alexa team to the email address associated with your developer account (“Email Account”) and otherwise comply with the terms of the Offer will be eligible to earn an Amazon.in Gift Card worth INR 2,000, while supplies last. This Offer is limited to one redemption per eligible skill by the primary owner of the developer account.
- Under the first add-on offer (“First Add on Offer”), if the skill is updated with the Recommendations, and if the skill gains at least 2500 unique active customers on Echo devices within 30 days of the skill republishing date, the developer will be eligible to earn an INR 5000 Amazon.in Gift Card.
- Under the second add-on offer (“Second Add on Offer”), if the skill is updated with the Recommendations, and if the skill gains at least 5000 unique active customers on Echo devices within 30 days of the skill republishing date the developer will earn an INR 10,000 Amazon.in Gift Card.
- The recommendations provided by the Alexa team for each skill are customized and may vary for each skill.
- Gift Cards are limited to ONE per skill per Amazon.in account for the Offer Period.
- The Amazon Gift Cards provided under this Offer to the winners are issued by QwikCilver Solutions Private Limited, redeemable as Amazon Pay balance associated with their Amazon.in account. The use and redemption of Amazon Gift Cards and the use of Amazon Pay balance is subject to the applicable terms and conditions.
- Amazon may choose to engage the services of third party service providers to assist with the provision of gift cards provided under this Offer. By submitting your skill for this Offer, you consent to undertaking additional steps to receive your gift card from any third party engaged by Amazon for this purpose.
- Any payment and issuance of gift cards will be subject to withholding tax, if any, and will be taken care of by a third party service provider. All gift card amounts mentioned in the Offer are inclusive of applicable taxes.
- This Offer is available to skills that meet the Eligibility Criteria below. Amazon reserves the sole discretion to judge skill eligibility for this Offer.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- To be eligible for the Offer, developers (i) should be individuals residing in India; (ii) with an account on the Amazon Apps & Games Developer Portal for which the developer is the primary owner; (iii) have accepted the App Distribution and Services Agreement; and (iv) must not be employees of Amazon or its affiliates. Organizations and other body corporates that develop skills for the Alexa skills store on Amazon.in are not eligible for this Offer.
- Skills created under the Smart Home and Flash briefing models are not eligible for the Offer.
- Only skills built using the Amazon developer portal will be eligible for the Offer. Skills built using third-party tools or Alexa Skill Blueprints will not be eligible for the Offer.
- The skill must be submitted through the developer portal, must comply with our Certification Guidelines and Submission Checklist, and must be approved by Amazon for publication. Please access this link to view the Certification Guidelines.
- To be eligible, a skill must not have been developed or derived from a skill developed with financial or preferential support from Amazon.in. Such skills include, but are not limited to, those that received funding or investment for their development, were developed under contract, or received a commercial license from Amazon.in any time prior to the end of promotion period. This includes skills that have been funded or co-developed by Amazon.in including skills that earn money through licensing. Amazon.in, at their sole discretion, may disqualify a submission, if awarding a gift card would create a real or apparent conflict of interest.
- Amazon will notify Developers that are eligible for the Offer by email to their Email Account on or before January 22, 2021. Non-eligible Developers will not be notified.
- Amazon reserves the right, at any time, without prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, to add/alter/modify/change or vary all and/or any of these terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this Offer by another offer, whether similar to this Offer or not.
- Amazon reserves the right to determine eligibility of the developer and/or skill for the Offer in its sole discretion.
- Amazon reserves the right to disqualify a Developer from receiving the benefits under this Offer if Amazon determines in its sole discretion that any fraudulent activity has being carried out for the purpose of qualifying for this Offer.
- If any of these terms, the App Distribution and Services Agreement or any of our Program Policies are violated, the Offer will be invalid.
- These T&Cs are in addition to the Amazon.in Conditions of Use & Sale, and the Privacy Notice of ASSPL to which you agree by using Amazon.in. To the extent the Amazon.in Conditions of Use and Sale, and Privacy Notice are inconsistent with these T&Cs, these T&Cs will prevail with respect to this Offer only.
- These T&Cs are subject to Indian laws and the courts at New Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any disputes or any matter arising here from.
- Void where prohibited.