article

Amelia@Amazon avatar image
Amelia@Amazon posted

How do I remove a specific IAP item from my app?   

Summary:

If you would like to remove a specific IAP item from your live app, please submit an update to your app and remove the call to the IAP. This method will allow you to continue to use other IAP items in your app.

For example, if you are discontinuing a consumable item, you would remove all references to it in your code as well as metadata prior to update submission. The removal of this specific IAP item does not prevent your app from having other consumables or entitlements.

Please note that we are unable to delete IAP items from your developer account dashboard.

How do I remove IAP functionality in general as well as IAP items for my app?

If you would like to discontinue support for all IAP items in your app, please follow the below steps:

1. Remove the below manifest entries based on the IAP version used

If you are using In-App Purchasing Version 1:

<receiver android:name = "com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.ResponseReceiver">
  <intent-filter>
    <action android:name = "com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.NOTIFY"
      android:permission = "com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.Permission.NOTIFY" />
  </intent-filter>
</receiver>

If you are using In-App Purchasing Version 2:

<receiver android:name = "com.amazon.device.iap.ResponseReceiver">
  <intent-filter>
    <action android:name = "com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.NOTIFY"
      android:permission = "com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.Permission.NOTIFY" />
  </intent-filter>
</receiver>

2. Remove the In-App Purchasing JAR from your project build path.

3. Remove all references to IAP items in your UI code (for example, "Buy More" buttons and IAP purchasing menus). This will prevent your end users from attempting to buy non-existant IAP items in your app. Please also note that failure to remove all user-facing access to IAP items may result in your app being failed for functionality issues.

4. When submitting your app update, please make sure that all references to IAP items are removed under the "Description" tab for all supported languages. If this is not done, your app may fail review during the testing process for misleading metadata.

If you have any specific questions, please submit a Contact Us (https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) and we will be happy to assist.

amazon appstoreapp submission and updates
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Article

Contributors

levonl contributed to this article melodyamazon contributed to this article kunijordan contributed to this article brizzlebrazzle contributed to this article