We strongly discourage transferring an app from one developer account to another. Most all Amazon API’s will cease to function after the transfer, permanently. The better course of action is to simply request the suppression of the Live app, then Submit the app as a new app submission in the new developer account.
The current app owner will:
- Accrue Earnings up to and including the date and time of the transfer
- Receive and maintain Earnings Reports on all months up to the date and time of the transfer
- Lose access to all Sales Reporting data on the transferred ASIN.
The new app owner will:
- Accrue Earnings from the date and time of transfer onward
- Receive and maintain Earnings Reports on all months from the date and time of the transfer onward
- Gain access to Sales Reporting data on the transferred ASIN from the date and time of the transfer onward (no historical data prior to that point).
Please also note:
- Security Profiles are not associated - GC, ADM etc. may no longer function for new app with existing Security Profiles.
- Mobile Ads reporting will no longer function for the new developer account.
- If the new app owner chooses to update the app, note that updates will fail if users of the app published by the original developer attempt to update to the new app/developer version. This is due to signature mismatch. If the original app was Amazon signed that signature cannot be transferred or used by the new app owner. The only use-case this can be accomplished is if the original app publisher self-signed the app and gives that certificate to the new app publisher.
- If the original developer name is part of the Package Name of the app, note that International App Stores will pick up this metadata and display the app in searches for app stores other than the US.
How to Transfer your app(s):
If you would still like to transfer your apps, please submit a formal notice of assignment of ownership from [Current Owner’s Company Name] to [New Owner’s Company Name] via email to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. This notice must be signed by both parties represented in the notice (documents must be signed, scanned and sent via email). Additionally, in your email, please include a statement that both parties understand that the update cycle of the app will be broken and all existing users will need to re-download the app, from the new developer, to receive new updates to the app.
Please note, regardless of a formal notice of assignment of ownership, if the statement of broken update acknowledgment is not included in the email, the app(s) will not be transferred. Also, if the app(s) being transferred are premium or contain IAP’s, we will not transfer the app(s) until the new developer account has payment information on file. Payment Information can be entered via the “Settings” menu in the Developer Portal. Once this request is received, reviewed, and accepted by our legal team, transfer of applications from the current owner to the new owner will be initiated.