The Alexa Smart Home Skill API Forum is a place where you can discuss all aspects of building Smart Home skills for Alexa.
If you are new to building Smart Home skills, here are a couple of resources to help get you started:
These links should help provide the foundation for understanding how smart home skills operate, as well as the prerequisites and requirements in order to utilize the smart home skill API.
These samples will help you quickly test the smart home skill API, as well as providing a solid foundation to build upon and customize depending on your device cloud setup.
- Build a Working Smart Home Skill in 15 Minutes (Python)
- Extended Smart Home Skill with Dynamo DB (Python)
- Steps to Build a Smart Home Skill (Node.js)
- Alexa Smart Home Sample: Switch (Python, Node.js, Java and C#)
- Alexa Smart Home Asynchronous Messaging Sample Code
Devices not being discovered? Issues with proactive state management? Check out the following blogs for some hints and tips on troubleshooting smart home skill related issues:
- Debug Your Smart Home Skill
- Troubleshooting Common Issues with Alexa Smart Home Skills
- 4 Tips for Implementing Device Discovery in Your Smart Home Skills
- Debugging Device State
- Smart Home Debugger for Proactive Endpoint Management
- Alexa Smart Home messages JSON validation schemas
Works with Alexa
Works with Alexa is a certification program which you can pursue in order for your products to carry the Works with Alexa badge in the Amazon Smart Home Store. Please head on over to the Works with Alexa Forum to see past discussions and to post questions.
- Works with Alexa Forum
- Works with Alexa FAQs
- Best Practices to Accurately Send State and Change Reports for Your Smart Home Skill