article

sungyoo avatar image
sungyoo posted

ASK Music Skill API Now Generally Available

We are excited to announce the general availability of the Music Skill API in the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK). You can use the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) Music Skill API to connect your music streaming service to Alexa in the US. Once you’ve connected, your customers in the US can enjoy music from your catalog on tens of millions of Alexa-compatible devices.

Learn more:

music skill api
5 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi there. I follow the tech documentation to create a Music Skill but i dont have such option after clicking "Create Skill" button. Any help? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
sungyoo avatar image sungyoo newuser-e213a2a1-481c-4599-aaeb-6bc06fef7ae9 ·

Hey this is only available in for those who are in US. If you are not, this won't be available unfortunately ):

0 Likes 0 ·

I have the same issue. Surely this should be open to non-US developers. I can understand this may be constrained to US English, but am I correct in understanding you are locking out non-US developers targeting US English skills?

If so, is there an estimated date where it will be available to non-US developers and what actually defines a non-US developer?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Hey so it means that your preferred marketplace in Amazon account setting is set to US. You can do this through going to your Account -> Content and Devices -> Preferences -> Country/Region Settings!

0 Likes 0 ·

Article

Contributors

sungyoo contributed to this article

Related Articles