article

Oliver@Amazon avatar image
Oliver@Amazon Posted · · edited ·

Now Available: Alexa Presentation Language (Public Beta) for Multimodal Experiences

Today we’re excited to announce public beta of Alexa Presentation Language (APL), a new design language that makes it easy to create multimodal Alexa skills. Now you can begin designing skills that use APL and test your skills in the Alexa developer console.

Please note that from now till we complete an upcoming software update, device rendering will not match results in the authoring tool, and we are not certifying any APL skills yet. Please only rely on the authoring tool for testing for now, and check back the Alexa Developer Blog for updates.

Learn more:

alexa skills kitapl
5 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Looks interesting, but on examining the authoring tool, I couldn't work out what the Export button was supposed to do. Clicking on it seemed to do nothing.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Chris,

The export button is designed to export the current APL document and datasources you have in the authoring workspace to a JSON file. Once clicked, it should trigger a file download of "apml_template_export.json" to your local disk. The file can be re-imported with the "Upload Code" widget on the front page of the authoring tool.

Please let me know if you have any future questions.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks. Following your reply, a little experimentation showed that it doesn't work for Firefox (at least, not my installation here, on two different machines), but does work with Edge. That's a bit of a pain, but I can work with it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Article

Contributors

sungyoo contributed to this article